In this example we are going to create a nut in Blender with the help of the Spin tool. Let start a new Blender project with the default cube. Next follow these steps.
- LMB-click somewhere off to the side of the cube to place the 3D cursor at that point then switch to the top view.
- Go to edit mode then press A to select the entire cube.
- Press T to bring up the Tool Shelf if it is not there already.
- Under the Mesh Tools section, click the Spin button under Add.
- Under the Spin section do this 1) set the Steps to 11 2) degree to 330 3) Turn on Dupli.
That is it, now we have created a nut which we can start to paint on it.
Spin tool is a really great feature for those of you who wish to create the repeatable objects in a circle, here is another outcome with more spins.